Thursday, May 26, 2011

Starry Night

How was everyone's hump day?  Mine was an eventful one!  I'll spare you the boring details and get to the fun and scary stuff!  So, last night I went to another Swirlz Art class.  I reserved my spot to paint Van Gogh's Starry Night almost a month ago.  The class was tagged advanced, but had a note stating that the only reason they considered it advanced was because it was a three hour class.  With anticipation and apprehensiveness I waited for May 25th to come.  As I got to Swirlz I should have known it was not going to be a good night.  The weathermen were calling for bad storms...the same ones that caused all the destruction in Joplin, Mo.  Plus, there was a car accident right in front of me.  It just seemed as if there was a dark shadow over the evening.  So, as we start to paint the first hour I struggled to keep up with the instructor and the last two hours I fell behind even more.  I ended up giving up finishing my painting within 3 1/2 hours....right when the storm hit.  So, after getting completely drenched running out to my car (shielding my painting from any damage in a trash bag).  I started to drive home....while driving a tree fell on a vehicle that was two cars ahead of me!  So, after running back out into the hurricane storm to check on the driver, I detoured 20 minutes out of my way to get home.  Once I reached my house I found out I didn't have power!  It was kind of a crappy night and almost not worth it....so with that, I will show you my painting.  Yes, it looks like a child painted it.  I am not excited about this painting at all. 

my painting after the first hour
my friend Brooke and my finished painitings

me and my friend Chris before the class started


Chris' painting after the first hour

Brooke's painting after the first hour. 

Even though I had a rough night and I didn't like my painting, it was still fun to hang out with friends!  And I learned that even though they state that the class is only advanced because of the length...I will not take it because I am not advanced!

No comments: