Wednesday, December 7, 2011

So easy a beginner can do it



My friend Brooke and I are making a few of our Christmas presents for people this year.  On Saturday, we went to Hobby Lobby to get a few of the crafts needed.  Today, I want to show you what she made for her sisters.  Not to make it sound like she was not super awesome, but I will say that most people will be able to do this project.   I am not going to reinvent the wheel, so if you would like to see how to actually do this project, please check out this how to.  What I do want to show you is her doing the project.  I was so proud of her because before she started this project, she didn't even know how to thread a needle.  Which brings me to the big difference between her flower and the flower in the how to link.  We tried to use fabric glue, but they started to unravel even after holding them for a bit of time.  So, she sewed under the flower after making ever wrap around.  After she was done doing three flowers, she sewed them to a premade fabric headband that she purchased at hobby lobby.  Which our friend Holly said we should have glued to felt and sewed it to the headband to make it look better, but I think the end product is so cute and I have decided she needs to make and sell these!  What do you think?
Brooke threading her first needle

sewing for the first time

she is going to be so mad if she sees these pictures of her nails! 

Brooke sewing the back of the flower

A completed flower

Brooke sewing the flower to the headband

The completed headband

The back of the headband. 
For more gift ideas, check out my other DIY gifts

No comments: