Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tree of Life



I had another Swirlz Art Soiree.  We ending up painting another tree.  This time was so much more fun than my last Swirlz Art painting here.  I ended up buying paint and brushes to fix my Starry Night flop.  This is what it looked like when I was finished trying to fix it.  So, I was a little reluctant to go back and paint, but I did have a few good paintings before my Starry Night.

Luckily, the painting was super easy.  They tried to make it easier by drawing a very simple tree on the canvas before we got there.  I actually did not like that they drew the tree for us because it was really had to paint over.  My hand was shaking the whole time I tried to fill in the lines.  I really don't have much more to say about the night.  But, here are some pictures of it.

 You can get step by step instructions on how to paint portraits and landscapes Click Here!

Brooke, Me, and Holly drinking mango margaritas out of our silly straws

Me and my silly straw.  You can see what they drew on the canvas before we got there

Me and Holly trying to paint in our trees

Me trying to add as many swirly branches as I can

Holly's paining.  She was not cooperating for the picture.

My friend Jessica and her finished painting. 

Tessa and her finished painting

my friend Amelia and her finished painting

Amelia and Tess, they are always smiling

Brooke with her finished painting.  If you look at her tree she made it look like someone carved her and her husband's initials into it.  How cute!

Tessa, Amelia, Holly, me, Brooke, Jessica

Me with my finished painting

No comments: